10 Things I Hate About This World!


Well, it's not my normal approach to viewing this world, but inspired by another writer and in light of the Utopian/Dystopian project, I thought I'd share:

In no particular order. . .

1) Litter - I'd say "garbage", but truth is, I've seen garbage put to some unique and creative works! It's not garbage itself that I can't stand, it's carelessness for the environment and spaces we live. Beauty and aesthetic affects mood. I wish we would all just simply clean up after ourselves, both in small and large scale ways.
2)Impatience - I get most impatient with impatience. Yes, that's ironic. Especially when people are impatient with each other. What's the rush?! Why not pause, breathe and go with the flow just a little more?
3)Poverty - can't we share?
4)Telemarketers who don't stop talking to me when I say I am not interested. I feel the persistent attempt to persuade me to buy something I already know I don't want insults my intelligence.
5)War - can't we share?
6)Being honked at by other drivers who think I am not turning the corner fast enough- I can handle gentle encouragement, but aggressive impatience annoys me. I really am doing the best I can and have the best view of what's in front of me. And what's wrong anyways with taking your time?
7)Oppression - we all live here, why not support every life to flourish?
8)Mistreatment of animals - see above.
9)The construct of normal - I would rather embrace the individual and creative unique elements in ways of being.
10) Report Cards - can't we just say we gathered, we discussed, we pondered, we questioned, we learned. . .

Comments

Anonymous said…
I cant agree more with #9
so much better to just be yourself instead of living up to the standards of "normal"


-Jeremy-

Popular posts from this blog

Dead Crows and Other Mysteries

Are You Normal?

Rules & Laws: What is their role?